Pie de Limón
Peruvian Lemon Pie Recipe
The Lemon Pie is the dessert that we will always find in a bakery and a classic in our recipe book. For those of us who are acid lovers, that little flavor that it has and integrates with the dough suits us very well. It is a dessert that It is not cloying, it is light, soft and fresh. Let's go with the recipe!
How to Prepare Lemon Pie
The Pie de Limón recipe is made with a base of sweet dough prepared with cookies and on top it has a layer of lemon cream and sometimes also meringue. Its preparation is laborious, but its wonderful flavor will reward you.
|🔪 Prep Time||1 hour|
|🍲 Cook Time||40 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||10 servings|
|🔥 Calories||105 calories|
- 2 cups of unprepared flour
- 150 grams of butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 18 yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 jars of condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 8 egg whites
- In a bowl pour all the ingredients for the dough, the flour, the butter, half a cup of sugar, 6 egg yolks and the vanilla essence. Knead until all the elements lose each other and you have an even dough.
- Flour the dough and then stretch it out on the table with a rolling pin. With a spatula unfold the dough and fit it into your mold.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and put your dough in for half an hour.
- For the filling, in a separate bowl pour the condensed milk, mixed with the lemon juice and 12 egg yolks. Pour it over the cold surface of the dough by passing it through a strainer. Cook it in the oven at 180°C
- For the meringue, mix the egg whites with the sugar, mix well and place in a bain-marie until very hot. Beat until compact.
- Let the lemon pie cool before putting the meringue with a sleeve. Turn on the oven to the highest temperature and place your foot in it, until ready to serve.
follow the next 3 Tips to improve your preparation, if possible.
Tips and tricks
- It is recommended that you let the dough rest in the refrigerator from one day to the next so that the flour expands and is perfect.
- Try that the size of the dough is at the level of your mold, you can use one 3 to 5 centimeters high since it is usual to do it.
- You will know when the Pie is ready, when the tips of the meringue brown in the oven.
The Lemon Pie recipe is related with a British origin, having its beginnings in medieval times. It is realized that it was usually served at banquets given by the Queen Elizabeth royalty, which is why reference is made to its English origin.
On the other hand, the meringue that we now use is attributed to the 17th century when it was invented. So this dessert as we know it can be recognized from the 19th century. For this reason, it is said that the history of this delicacy is very extensive.
This recipe, as it is known today, is a product of the 19th century. The oldest recorded recipe was attributed to Alexander Frehse, a Swiss baker. Its preparation is tedious, however its bitter and sweet flavor makes it worth the time invested.
Over the years, this dessert began to cross borders, touring the cuisine of the United States and spreading to other countries in the world, especially Latin Americans, including our beautiful country.
If you liked this delicacy, Be sure to share us on your social networks and comment on your experience below.
Do you want more dessert recipes? Follow us to learn how to make them:
- Rice Pudding Recipe
- How to prepare a rich Cream Flipped
- Delicious recipe for Orange Keke
- Roasted milk in a few steps
- Quick and easy Picarones recipe
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pie de Limón you can visit our category Desserts.
Leave a Reply