Peruvian Piña Colada Recipe
The Piña Colada is one of the most refreshing drinks in the world . Its tasty flavor gives it one of the positions in the best cocktails in the world, which has caused its spread in many countries, including ours. Learn how to prepare it step by step!
How to prepare Piña Colada
The ingredients for Piña Colada are not many, and their mixture creates one of the sweetest cocktails you will taste. Pineapple juice, rum, milk and coconut come together to give you a unique flavor experience. Always try to use natural fruits, in this case pineapple, to prepare this drink.
|🔪 Prep Time||5 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||5 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||10 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||2 servings|
|🔥 Calories||174 calories|
- 1 ounce of heavy cream
- 1 ounce coconut liqueur
- 3 ounces juice or pineapple juice
- 45 ml light or white rum
- 3 ounces of ice
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Sugar to taste
- In a blender or mixer, blend pineapple juice, rum, and ice.
- Add the cream of milk, the coconut liqueur and continue blending so that they mix well.
- Taste it and rectify sugar to taste, in case you need it.
- Pour into a glass and decorate with pineapple slices and maraschino cherries.
Follow the 3 Tips that we leave you below so that you can improve the preparation of Piña Colada and enjoy it more.
Tips and tricks
- If you want it to have more of a coconut flavor you can substitute the white rum for Malibu or any other coconut rum.
- Remember that for most cocktails, 1 shot is used as a measure, which is equivalent to about 30 milliliters.
- In case you do not drink alcohol, you can do without the rum perfectly and prepare a delicious Piña Colada without alcohol.
There are several versions about the origin of the Piña Colada recipe. It is said to have a pirate origin in the 19th century, when the Puerto Rican Roberto Cofresi distributed among his crew a drink with coconut, pineapple and white rum. From this mixture came the current recipe. Although many historians claim that this is more a myth than a true story.
Another version tells that it originated in 1954, at the Caribe Hilton hotel, at the hands of Ramón Monchito Marrero, the local bartender. Marrero felt that this recipe captured the true essence of Puerto Rico and the hotel received a proclamation in 2004 celebrating the 50th anniversary of the drink.
A reference to this drink appeared in the 1950 edition of The New York Times: "West Indian drinks range from the famous rum punch of Martinique to the piña colada of Cuba." However, the oldest written reference to a Piña Colada appeared in TRAVEL magazine in 1922.
this cocktail It is not a drink native to our lands, but it was able to reach them thanks to its rich and refreshing flavor, and its long history of creation. Nowadays it is widely consumed in the summer months, as a remedy against heat.
If you loved how to prepare Piña Colada, Tell us about your experience below and share us on social networks with family and friends.
Do not leave and continue with us so that you know the best recipes of drinks and liquors of Peruvian gastronomy:
- Easy and quick recipe for Emollient
- How to prepare a delicious Pisco Sour
- Delicious recipe for Chilcano de Pisco
- How to make a Caspiroleta
- Chilcano de Maracuya in a few steps
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Piña Colada you can visit our category Spirits and Drinks.