Peruvian Pollada Recipe
It is a traditional dish from Peru, ideal and delicious to share at home or on an outing. This dish is one of the best known in Peruvian gastronomy and that is no coincidence. In fact, the reason for its preparation is one of the most interesting in our gastronomic culture. Do you want to learn how to prepare it? Let's do it!
How to prepare Pollada
This dish is usually very simple and cheap. However, it is also very delicious and nutritious, ideal for the little ones in the house to maintain a balanced diet. Added to this is the high nutritional value of the traditional accompaniments of this Pollada, such as salads.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||15 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||2 servings|
|🔥 Calories||250 calories|
- 4 pieces of chicken
- 6 tablespoons of panca chili
- Juice of two lemons
- 4 tablespoons of silao
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of dark beer
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil w/n
- To start, in a bowl place the panca pepper, the soy sauce, beer, the garlic cloves and salt to taste. Mix and reserve.
- Next, add the chicken pieces in another bowl and add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Now pour the reserved mixture into the bowl of chicken pieces.
- To finish, put plenty of oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces over high heat until golden brown on both sides. To eat!
here we will leave you 3 tips to make this dish even more delicious. Do not miss it!
Tips and tricks
- This rich dish is usually accompanied with boiled potatoes and salad.
- In order for the chicken to better absorb the ingredients, you can make random cuts in its meat before marinating. This will give it a delicious touch.
- Lemon can be substituted for vinegar.
The Peruvian Pollada has its origin in the roast chicken dish or grilled peruvian , typical of the gastronomy of the country. The beginnings of the latter date back to 1950, specifically to the Santa Clara region located in the Ate district. Years later, this recipe began to have variants in the various places that prepared it.
Over the decades, this seasoned chicken began to be fried in vegetable oil, which led us to what is today the famous Peruvian chicken. It became popular in the 80s, as it was born as an informal way of raising funds. to face the hard economic situation in Peru at the end of those years.
Due to its success as an alternative method to get money, it managed to become even more popular in the 90's. They were organized during holidays or weekends close to the dates of salary collection. To liven up the meals, the sale was usually accompanied with alcoholic beverages, preferably beer.
Currently, this tradition is maintained, even wikipedia tells us that "it has evolved into a form of delivery , passing from the popular sphere to being organized by wealthier socioeconomic classes». It has always worked for me to prepare it at home, especially on those days when I want to pamper my loved ones. I know you will like it too.
We hope you liked this recipe and its rich and traditional history of our Peru. Do not forget comment, rate the recipe and share with your family and friends on all social networks.
Here we leave you a top 5 ideal for you. You can not lose this!
- Ají de Gallina Recipe
- Delicious grilled chicken recipe
- How to prepare a delicious Lomo Saltado
- How to make a Chicken Stew
- Quick and easy recipe for Pollo al Sillao
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pollada you can visit our category Others.