Pollo a la Cacerola
Peruvian Pollo a la Cacerola Recipe
Do you have a craving for chicken? Does a good meal provoke you to get out of the routine? This rich preparation of Chicken in a Casserole is what you are looking for. It is an exquisite chicken whose preparation is derived from the Peruvian chicken stew. This one with the slight difference of a dressing. Stay and let's go prepare it!
How to Prepare Chicken Casserole
This rich pot chicken recipe is a main dish that requires little preparation time. Being in turn is exquisite and easy to prepare. Ideal to surprise the family.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||305 calories|
- 1 chopped chicken (6 or 8 parts)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 carrot cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 large onion cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and cut into small squares
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a container, season the chicken pieces and reserve.
- Now, in a large pot or saucepan with plenty of oil and when hot, brown the chicken pieces completely over medium heat for approximately five minutes. remove the chicken pieces and reserve.
- On the other hand, in the same pot with oil, make a dressing with an onion chopped into small squares and three cloves of chopped garlic.
- Once the dressing is finished add a tablespoon of parsley, a teaspoon of oregano, three tomatoes peeled and cut into small squares, salt and pepper. Move and cook over medium heat for a few more minutes.
- Immediately add the chicken pieces, a sliced carrot, half a cup of peas, two bay leaves and a quarter cup of red wine. Stir a little slowly and cook over low heat until the wine evaporates.
- Immediately after, add the three cups of chicken broth and cook over low heat for at least half an hour.
- Add the four potatoes peeled and chopped into large cubes, cover the saucepan and let the potatoes cook.
- Finally, if necessary add more broth or water.
here we leave you 1 unmissable tip to make your chicken casserole the best.
Tips and tricks
- This dish is recommended to be served with potatoes and bread.
In the history of our gastronomy, as with many other recipes of our culinary tradition, The origin of the Peruvian Chicken in a saucepan is lost over the years. One thing is completely clear, and that is that this dish arrived in South America with the European conquerors.
Actually, the original recipe is carried out as chicken stew, only this being a derivative, it has less weight. It wasn't long before the delicious chicken in a saucepan became popular, and that's how our beautiful Peru welcomed it.
The recipe for Chicken in a Casserole is indigenous to our land. The most important ingredient, responsible for the particular flavor that the chicken meat acquires, is typical of our lands.
We do not know at what exact moment in our history this exquisite dish began to be made. However, something is very clear, and that is that it is still one of the favorites today. It is one of the most popular options in our homes, especially for lunch.
We hope you liked our recipe and information about the beloved chicken in a saucepan. please comment, rate and share through social networks with all your friends and family.
Here we will leave a selection in the TOP 5 of our great category of Meat and poultry available for you:
- How to make a delicious Ají de Gallina
- Delicious grilled chicken recipe
- Loin saltado in a few steps
- How to make a Chicken Stew
- Quick and easy recipe for Pollo al Sillao
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pollo a la Cacerola you can visit our category Others.