Pollo a la Coca Cola
Peruvian Pollo a la Coca Cola Recipe
The Coca Cola Chicken recipe is delicious, quick and easy, and you only need 4 basic ingredients to prepare it. Its originality has won the hearts of many Peruvians, as it is a dish acquired in our rich cuisine. Don't wait any longer and try it!
How to prepare Chicken Coca Cola
One thing to keep in mind: if you have sugar problems, do not abuse this dish, as Coca Cola has a high sugar content as it contains caramel, caffeine and vanilla. When preparing it, always use the original drink, which gives a delicious touch to the onions.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||50 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||498 calories|
- 800g of chicken
- 1 can of Coca-Cola (330 ml)
- 1 onion
- 50g of flour
- 6 cloves of garlic
- black peppercorns
- Olive oil
- Season the chicken with salt and pass it through flour. Use whatever part of the chicken you prefer, or even a whole chicken.
- In a saucepan over high heat, add a good amount of olive oil and fry the chicken pieces. Make sure they brown well on all sides.
- Add the onion cut into julienne strips, the garlic and a few grains of pepper. Cover the pan and let the onion cook. When you see that the onion begins to brown, add the coke. It is not necessary to add the whole can.
- Leave the pan covered and from time to time turn the chicken. If you see that the broth reduces a lot, add more coca cola.
- After 30 or 35 minutes, the chicken is done and the sauce has thickened. Turn off the heat and you are ready to serve.
Follow the 3 Recommendations following so that you have a Coca Cola Chicken to lick your fingers.
Tips and tricks
- If you don't like chicken thighs or prefer another part of the chicken, you can also make the recipe with chicken breasts, drumsticks, wings or diced chicken, the choice is yours!
- I recommend you to accompany it with shredded white rice or French fries.
- Always use the original flavor Coca Cola, because with the light or the zero the recipe does not taste the same.
How the preparation of Pollo a la Coca Cola came about is not very clear. What is proven is that in 1886 (end of the 19th century) the North American pharmacist John S Pemberton he sought to create a soothing cough syrup that would provide vigor, and he created Coca Cola, with alcohol, coca leaves and coca seeds.
By replacing alcohol with soda, the drink became very famous. Dr Pemberton sold his business in various parts, including Asa G Candler. The distribution of the drink was expanded like never before and the company adapted the formula. He left coca leaves as an ingredient, although he removed the alkaloid present in the first formula.
The Coca Cola drink, due to its success and its many years of history, It is used in various cooking recipes, obtaining bittersweet and exotic flavors. For example, if the Coca Cola is in hot contact with vegetables such as onions, it will caramelize them.
Coca Cola Chicken is not native to our lands, but its exquisite flavor makes it welcome everywhere. It seems more like a recipe prepared by some young people experimenting than by an expert chef in gastronomy.
If you liked this recipe, Do not forget to comment below your experience preparing it and share it on your social networks with family and friends.
Learn more about the richest recipes of Peruvian cuisine:
- How to prepare a delicious Pollo al Sillao
- Quick and easy Chicken Stew recipe
- Delicious Lomo Saltado recipe
- How to make a Grilled Chicken
- Ají de Gallina Recipe
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pollo a la Coca Cola you can visit our category Others.