Pollo a la Naranja
Peruvian Pollo a la Naranja Recipe
Orange Chicken is a very popular dish within the great Peruvian gastronomic heritage. It has certainly earned that recognition, because its incredible flavor and particular aroma can hardly be found in another preparation . Do you want to surprise your family at lunch? Let's do it!
How to Prepare Orange Chicken
The preparation of this dish is simple, fast and easy. To that we must add its protein richness, so it is really beneficial for health . In other words, this is the opportunity to eat a delicious dish that is also very nutritious.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||45 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||438 calories|
- 4 pieces of chicken
- 750 ml of fresh orange juice
- 500 ml of water
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 4 boiled yellow potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 cups of parboiled broccoli
- 2 cups of boiled cauliflower
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- To start, remove the skin and bone the chicken pieces.
- Pour the cornstarch into the water and mix until smooth. Booking.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken over medium heat until browned.
- Then, in the same pan, add the chopped onion and the minced garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until lightly golden.
- Now, add the orange juice, the grated ginger, the brown sugar and the oregano to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes and then stir a bit.
- Very well, when boiling, add the mixture of water and cornstarch. Stir slowly until fully integrated.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste. Lower the heat and cook a little more until the sauce thickens.
- Finally add the potatoes and vegetables to the sauce. Cook for 10 more minutes.
Now that you know how to prepare Orange Chicken, we present 2 advice finishes to make your preparation even more delicious. You can not lose this!
Tips and tricks
- The Orange Chicken goes very well accompanied by white rice, but it is not the only thing. You can opt for some cooked vegetables like carrots, extra potatoes and broccoli.
- After serving the dish, you can spread some chopped Chinese onion on top. This will make it look much more appetizing.
There are two theories about this interesting dish: one of them suggests that it originated in France, as a variation of duck à l'orange. The second theory is the one that has the greatest acceptance, and it is stated that the origin of the dish dates back to China, specifically to the province of Hunan.
Dadaist The influence of Chinese cuisine in Peruvian gastronomy , this dish is here to stay and make room on the menus of the best restaurants. The addition of some spices widely used in Peruvian cuisine have resulted in a delicious fusion that is ours.
The orange chicken It is a dish of high nutritional value due to the large amount of protein and carbohydrates . This makes it a balanced preparation, perfect to obtain the necessary energy in our daily lives. We cannot miss its content of vitamin C, of great importance in the reconstruction of tissues.
This delicious orange chicken recipe is always very useful to share with family or with your group of friends. It works for us when we hold meetings and we want to present an exquisite and balanced meal, especially for the little ones in the house.
Did you like the preparation? if so, don't forget comment, rate the recipe and share with your family and friends on social networks. We want to be part of your day to day!
Now we leave you a top 5 recipes for your entrees that you will also enjoy.
- How to prepare a delicious Ají de Gallina .
- Delicious grilled chicken recipe .
- Sauteed Loin Recipe .
- How to make a Chicken Stew.
- Quick and easy recipe for Pollo al Sillao .
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pollo a la Naranja you can visit our category Chicken.
Leave a Reply