Pollo a la Olla
Peruvian Pollo a la Olla Recipe
Peruvian cuisine is characterized, among other things, by creating its own versions of very popular dishes. This is the case of our delicious Pollo a la Olla, a variation of the classic chicken stew where many of our indigenous ingredients are used . Let's cook!
How to Prepare Chicken in the Pot
Pollo a la Olla is characterized by the use of a particular ingredient: our chili panca . This, combined with other vegetables and aromatic herbs, results in an exquisite dressing in which we marinate the meat. Here we present the simple steps to follow to prepare this delicious lunch.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||50 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||300 calories|
- 6 pieces of chicken
- 4 tablespoons of panca chili
- 1 tablespoon of yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons of silao
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 tablespoons white or red vinegar
- 3 oil tablespoons
- 1 cup of broth or water
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Wash the chicken and remove any excess fat. Remove excess water.
- Start mixing the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the panca pepper, yellow pepper, garlic, cumin, soy sauce, mustard and vinegar. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind that the soy sauce and mustard contain salt.
- Incorporate the chicken into the bowl and spread the entire surface with the dressing. It is important to marinate for at least two hours before cooking.
- Add a little oil to a large pot and place it over high heat. Add the chicken pieces (without the marinade) and cook for a few minutes until all sides are browned. In this way you will seal its surface.
- Proceed to incorporate the rest of the container over the chicken. In this way it will go from being a marinade to a delicious sauce. Later, add the chicken broth or, failing that, water.
- Finally, cover the pot and bring the heat to a minimum. You can check after 20 minutes if your chicken is ready to serve.
- Ready! you can serve your Pollo a la Olla accompanied by a delicious mashed potatoes, a geared rice or a Russian salad. It goes well with everything!
Now that you know our recipe for Pollo a la Olla, it is time for you to read these 3 tricks Of great usefulness. They will make your preparation much more exquisite.
Tips and tricks
- If you do not have chicken broth prepared, you could also opt for a chicken concentrate diluted in the cup of water. This will enhance the flavor.
- Although a few hours is enough, we recommend leaving the chicken in the marinade overnight. This will absorb much more flavors from the delicious spice mix.
- There are no problems if the sauce is very runny. We can thicken it with half a tablespoon of flour diluted in water.
As with many other recipes of our culinary tradition, the origin of the Peruvian chicken stew - our traditional Pollo a la Olla - is lost in time. One thing we do know for sure, is that the stew arrived in South America with the European conquerors.
Actually, the original recipe is carried out with beef. It wasn't long before chicken stew became popular, and that's how the Peruvian people embraced it.
The recipe for Pollo a la Olla is native to our land . The most important ingredient, responsible for the particular flavor that the meat acquires, is typical of our lands. The chili panca It is a symbol not only of our gastronomic tradition, but also of our privileged geographical condition. .
We do not know at what exact moment in our history this exquisite dish began to be made. However, something is more than clear, and that is that it is still one of the favorites today. It is one of the favorite and most popular options in our homes, especially for lunch.
If you have already prepared our recipe, let us know in the comments. If you liked the result, then share this post through social networks.
In Comidaperuanas.net we have many options in the Meat and Poultry category. Here are some of the most delicious recipes within our gastronomic heritage:
- Easy and quick recipe for Pollo al Sillao.
- Grilled Chicken in a few steps.
- How to make a Loin Saltado.
- How to prepare a rich Chicken Stew.
- Ají de Gallina recipe.
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pollo a la Olla you can visit our category Others.