Pollo al Huacatay
Peruvian Pollo al Huacatay Recipe
Do you like Huacatay sauce? Do you love trying Peruvian chicken in all its facets? Well then, this rich preparation of Chicken with Huacatay Sauce is what you should try. We are talking about a delicious chicken sealed in oil and cooked in the exquisite huacatay sauce. Follow us and dare to try it!
How to Prepare Chicken Huacatay
For this recipe for Chicken in Huacatay sauce, few and cheap ingredients are needed. Many of these are readily available in the home as, in general, they are condiments for huacatay sauce and chicken.
|🔪 Prep Time||25 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||55 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||500 calories|
- 4 pieces of chicken.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sunflower oil
- 1 bunch of huacatay.
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A splash of soy sauce
- Clean and season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, in a pot with a splash of sunflower oil, fry the diced onion and two cloves of garlic.
- Then, place the chicken pieces with a little huacatay in the pot. Bring to a boil and add a cup of chicken broth. Once the chicken is parboiled, add half the bunch of huacatay and bring to a boil.
- At the end, add a splash of soy sauce. Ready!
Now, we already know how to make Chicken Huacatay. But do not stop reading, we have for you these Two unmissable tips to make your food even more delicious.
Tips and tricks
- This dish can be served with a little parboiled yucca.
- Some Avocado can be added to this preparation for a different flavor.
This delicious Peruvian dish born in our land from the delicious combination of huacatay sauce and our many ways of preparing chicken. Huacatay sauce is used for various dishes or as a companion. However, in the chicken shops over time they decided to make a change and try different dishes, this is how our exquisite Huacatay Chicken was born.
The Tagetes minuta, native to South America and better known as Huacatay It is a plant that occurs only in the mountainous area of the South of America . This is where the countries that make up the Andes mountains, in which this plant with which we prepare our delicious sauce comes to life.
In Peru, the huacatay is distributed throughout the country. However, its highest distribution priority is the mountains, the coast and the jungle because of how close they are to its growth zone. In addition, This plant has properties that relieve some respiratory ailments such as bronchitis or colds.
Despite being distributed in the country, this herb is not officially cultivated in all countries. That is why it is more than anything planted and collected by locals and used as a condiment in their meals.
Did you like our preparation and information about the famous and traditional Pollo al Huacatay? Let us know what you think! Comment, rate the recipe and share through social networks with all your friends and family. We want to reach all of Peru!
Now, now that we have finished this recipe, we leave this delicious TOP 5 for you in a particular selection made for you from our Meat and Poultry category:
- Delicious recipe for Ají de Gallina
- How to make a Grilled Chicken
- Quick and easy Lomo Saltado recipe
- Chicken stew in a few steps
- How to make a delicious Pollo al Sillao
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pollo al Huacatay you can visit our category Chicken.
Leave a Reply