Pollo al Maní
Peruvian Pollo al Maní Recipe
Peanut Chicken is a traditional Peruvian recipe, made with chicken and peanuts , a food used by our ancestors thousands of years ago, long before the Europeans came to our continent, and currently widely used to lose weight. Decide to cook this delicacy and savor its rich flavor.
How to Prepare Peanut Chicken
The preparation of Chicken in Peanut Sauce is simple, and its flavor is exquisite. The ingredients it uses are readily available, and contain plenty of protein and vitamins E, niacin, folic acid, phosphorous, and iron. It is nutritious, fluidifying, and helps to strengthen the brain and memory, regenerating neurons.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||40 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||50 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||300 calories|
- 6 pieces of chicken
- 2 tablespoons ground red pepper
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 150 grams of ground roasted peanuts
- 2 cups of water
- 8 boiled potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and brown them lightly in a deep frying pan with very hot oil.
- Make a dressing with the onion, garlic and red pepper. Place this mixture in the same pan with the chicken pieces and add 2 cups of water.
- Cook over moderate heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the ground peanuts and continue cooking over low heat until a sauce forms.
- Serve accompanied with white rice and parboiled potatoes.
Follow the 3 Tips that I leave you below so that your Peanut Chicken preparation is finger-licking good.
Tips and tricks
- The peanut is diluted in a little water to add it to the pot.
- If the sauce is too dry, you can add a little water.
- Sprinkle the plate with parsley or coriander to decorate.
the peanut It comes from a very old plant native to Latin American and Caribbean countries. Its fruits date back more than 7800 years. This seed is known as peanut in Mexico and Spain, or hazelnut in Andalusia. The inchik (Enquechua name) was consumed and represented from the oldest cultures and cities of America.
Today it is cultivated in several continents and regions, such as Southeast Asia, China, and Africa, and in almost all American regions, including the southern United States. The peanut kernels they are very nutritious, and contain numerous proteins and vitamins. With 2 tablespoons of peanuts we consume 13 grams of protein, for example.
In our country it is consumed in various ways, parboiled, roasted, in sweets or meals, and an example is in this recipe for Chicken with Peanuts, in which it is one of the basic ingredients. It is mainly used to make the sauce with which the chicken is bathed before serving this delicacy.
In Peru, peanut food was cultivated by our ancestors long before the Europeans arrived. The oldest peanut remains are known from studies in the year 6494 BC, in the upper part of the Zaña River, considered the oldest place of cultivation on the continent.
If you loved this recipe, Share us on your social networks with family and friends and leave us a comment below about your experience preparing it.
Learn more about the best meat and poultry recipes from Peruvian cuisine:
- Ají de Gallina Recipe
- How to prepare a delicious Grilled Chicken
- Quick and easy Lomo Saltado recipe
- Delicious Chicken Stew recipe
- How to make Chicken Sillao
Chicken in Peanut Sauce
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pollo al Maní you can visit our category Chicken.
Leave a Reply