Peruvian Pollo Chijaukay Recipe
Do you like chicken and chifa preparations? Then this dish is for you! We talked about the chijaukay chicken recipe, one of the most popular after chaufa rice and salted noodles. An ideal delicacy if we want a good and substantial lunch. Ready to find out more? Let's cook!
How to Prepare Chijaukay Chicken
The preparation of chi jau kay chicken is, like all good Chinese-Peruvian food, very quick and easy. Best of all, the meat is so delicious that even children will love it. This recipe is the best of food with high nutritional value.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||400 calories|
- 2 chicken breasts with skin
- 2 tablespoons of silao
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200 grams chuño
- 2 Chinese onions
- Vegetable oil
- To start with the preparation, clean the breasts without removing the skin and cut into pieces.
- Now, in a heat-resistant bowl, place the chicken with salt and pepper and microwave for a couple of minutes approximately.
- Then add the chuño (Reserve a little) in a container and pass the dams until they are completely covered.
- In a pot add vegetable oil and put the prey one by one until golden. Booking
Chijaukay chicken sauce
- Place a pot over low heat, add the garlic, the soy sauce, the oyster sauce, a little water and the sesame oil.
- Let cook for a minute or two. Add a tablespoon of chuño dissolved in a little water in a glass. Move while adding.
- When taking the necessary consistency, remove from the heat and add the chopped Chinese onions to finish.
- Place the chicken pieces in the pot and mix with the sauce.
Here already completed your preparation, we leave you 2 tricks that you should not stop reading if you want to improve your dish.
Tips and tricks
- It is recommended if you like, add a little grated ginger to the chicken.
- It can be accompanied with fried chaufa owantanes rice.
The exquisite dish that we are talking about today is chi jau kay chicken or chijaukay chicken . This preparation has its origin in the chifa gastronomic fusion, product of the cultural exchange between China and Peru . Currently, it is very enjoyed by us Peruvians, as we usually accompany them with other preparations of the same category. Chaufa rice is our favorite.
The chifa is a word used in Peru to refer to both food of Chinese origin and adapted food by Chinese immigrants for us. History indicates that, in its greatest quantity, it was brought to the country by the Chinese-Cantonese at the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th century. As for the term, its use has spread over time. Currently it also works to refer to the restaurants where these dishes are served.
The etymology of this term comes from the combination of two Cantonese words, which are chi and fan (饎飯), words that mean in Spanish to eat and rice. Those words were used around 1930 when the people of Lima in the streets heard the Chinese use the words chifan as a call to eat.
Chifa has evolved so much that Currently it has become part of the gastronomy of our country. This food and specifically chijaukay chicken has managed to get a place on the tables of all Peruvians.
How did you like our recipe for the rich chijaukay chicken? Let us know how it went comment, rate and share it through social networks with friends and family. Thanks!
Now that you have finished with this recipe, we leave this wonderful and exquisite TOP 5 for you so that you can enjoy more preparations in this category:
- Delicious recipe for Ají de Gallina
- How to prepare a delicious Grilled Chicken
- Loin Saltado in a few steps
- Quick and easy Chicken Stew recipe
- How to make Chicken Sillao
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pollo Chijaukay you can visit our category Chicken.
Leave a Reply