Peruvian Pollo Tipakay Recipe
The Tipakay Chicken recipe that we present here is ideal for a quick lunch, either with family or friends. no doubt u not one of the richest and most substantial dishes offered by Chinese fusion food- Peruvian. Do you want to know more about this dish, also called chifa chicken with tamarind sauce? Let's start cooking!
How to Prepare Chicken Tipakay
This exquisite recipe, like all chifa food, has as its main attribute that it is quick and easy to prepare. Now, as far as its flavor is concerned, it is the perfect combination of sweet and salty that makes it exquisite, different and so loved by Peruvians.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||25 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||2 servings|
|🔥 Calories||250 calories|
- 1 chicken breast cut in two
- 3/4 cup of tamarind sauce
- 100 grams of cola
- Vegetable oil
- 2 Chinese onions cut into pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup chuño (corn starch)
- 2 eggs
- To start this exquisite tipakay preparation, beat the egg and add a pinch of salt. Booking.
- Cut the breast without finishing chopping the pieces. Add salt to the chicken.
- Next, dip the two pieces of chicken breast in the beaten egg. Immediately, pass the breast through the chuño.
- Now, fry the chicken on both sides in a pot with oil. Booking.
- Then, in a pan with a splash of oil, sauté the colontaos, then add the tamarind sauce, mix for about 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve the chicken and pour the tamarind sauce on it. Sprinkle the Chinese onion on the plate.
Now that you know how to make the chicken tipakay, we will leave you with 2 incredible advice to make this recipe even more delicious. Let's get started!
Tips and tricks
- This dish goes very well with rice, either white or chaufa style.
- The Ti pa kay chicken preparation can also be made with beef.
The delicious dish that we are talking about today is one that you surely already know from a restaurant. And it is that its combination of flavors make Tipakay or Ti pa kay chicken a true delight. From what we already know, it is evident that it was born as a product of our extensive culture in fusion food. Its origin is well marked and comes from preparations in the style chifa .
The origin of this type of fusion food comes from the Chinese-Cantonese immigrants to Peru at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the next. "Chifa" is a term used in our country to refer to Chinese-Peruvian food or the restaurants that serve it. Over the years it has become much more famous among the residents.
The word chifa comes from the words chi and fan that give meaning to the Spanish words eat and rice. This deepened in the country during the 20th century in which the term became popular in the capital; starting what today is a fundamental part of our gastronomy.
This dish, whose base is chicken or beef, requires ingredients that are very common in Chinese and Peruvian cuisine. The most important thing is its high nutritional value, which is due both to the use of chicken c omo of tamarind. Therefore, its protein and vitamin content is high and highly valued.
Did you like our Tipakay chicken recipe? Let us know how it went. Comment, Rate the recipe and share it through all social networks with friends and family. Thanks!
Now that you have finished with this recipe, what do you think if you review this TOP 5 from the same category that we prepared for you:
- Ají de Gallina Recipe
- Quick and easy Grilled Chicken recipe
- How to make a delicious Lomo saltado
- Delicious Chicken Stew recipe
- Chicken al Sillao in a few steps
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Pollo Tipakay you can visit our category Others.