Peruvian Puca Picante Recipe
The Pucapicante is a dish from the city of Ayacucho, rich in calories, and pleasant in taste. Currently this dish is a classic during the Easter festivities in this city. So that you do not wait so long, today we bring you the recipe. To eat!
How to prepare Puca Picante
The Spicy Puca is an Ayacucho dish, typical of the region. It is a reddish, red spicy, whose color is due to the use of red chili but which was formerly made with achiote. The traditional way is to eat it with pork or even guinea pig.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||211 calories|
- 1 kg of pork belly
- 1/2 kg of white potato cocktail
- 1 branch of mint
- 100 grams of roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup panca chili
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 beetroot
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of oil
- Rice to taste
- Pour a splash of oil into a pot. Add the garlic with the onion. Before moving this in the pot put a little salt, it's a little secret
- Add the panca pepper and stir, be careful not to burn it. Then add a little pepper and cumin to the dressing. Go adding the roasted peanuts too.
- To give it the color, add the diced beets and mint. Move until it boils and undoes it.
- Pour the cocktail potatoes, move them for a few minutes and complement by adding the pork.
- We already have the Puca ready, you can complement it with a delicious white rice and with a Creole bramble.
The Puka as a word Quechua means red. When the inhabitants of the central Andes finish the construction of a house, They have the custom that the hosts must invite Puca. This is how tradition dictates.
Currently this dish it has become an element of identity for the Ayacuchanos. The dish of peasant origin, has conquered all the tables of all social strata. Initially, as we have mentioned, they were prepared for celebrations associated with constructions since the preparation costs are low.
Countless tourists come to Huamanga every week and it is almost impossible for them not to visit the local restaurants to try the gastronomy of this region and the Puca is one of the most demanded since it is the emblematic dish of the place.
If you liked it, Do not forget to comment, rate the recipe and share it on social networks. In this way you help us to continue publishing more recipes of our gastronomy. A million thanks.
If you want to learn how to cook more Peruvian food recipes, here are some that you will surely like:
- Easy recipe of Lomo Saltado
- Carapulcra homemade recipe
- How to prepare Seco de Cabrito
- Homemade Meatballs Recipe
- How to make Pork Adobo
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Puca Picante you can visit our category Meats.
Leave a Reply