Peruvian Puchero Recipe
I recently tried the famous Puchero on a trip to Cajamarca. He knew that in different regions of our Peru prepared it , but I was lucky enough to try it there, at a baptismal celebration. Without a doubt, it will be enchanted by the variety of meats with which it is served. Had guinea pig, ribs, beef, chicken, etc. . Let's prepare it!
How to Prepare Stew
This dish is of Spanish origin unlike ours, it is that the Peruvian is an adaptation that apart from its ingredients, differs in the way it is served. In Spain it is served all together as a soup while in Peru we serve it separately in two dishes.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||1 hour 5 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 25 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||130 calories|
- 1 cabbage
- 1kg beef
- ¼ pork
- 1kg rack of lamb
- 1 guinea pig divided into four parts
- 1 ½ cup soaked chickpeas
- 1kg white potato
- 2 yuccas in medium pieces
- 4 medium carrots
- ½ huamantanga potato
- 4 sausages
- Salt to taste
- In a pot with water, place the meat and chickpeas over low heat. Calculate the water for four people. Cover it and let it cook for half an hour.
- After 30 minutes, add the white potato, the carrot and the sausages. Let cook for 25 more minutes.
- Add the cabbage and the huamantanga potato, cook for an extra 15 minutes, try and check the cooking.
- After everything is cooked, you can serve by dividing the food into four portions.
Here exquisite advice to know how to serve your delicious dish.
Tips and tricks
- You can accompany the Puchero with a rocoto cream, an ocopa or a very spicy chili.
The pot It is a representative dish of the carnivals in Peru . This dish dates back to Spanish conquest and has fulfilled the same function of its place of origin. In this country, it was a carnival soup that also alluded to the container where it was cooked: the pot, a pottery with a wide and convex mouth.
The meats were cooked there. Mainly For the Spaniards, pork is the most representative, which for us would be beef. In addition, in certain regions of our country they incorporate fruits such as pear and peach.
The pot It has the function of being a soup and a second dish, since the broth is separated from the meats and they become two. It has certain ingredients that are repeated in many recipes and others that have been added according to the place where it is prepared, such as the use of jerky, lettuce, peach, among others. Bon Apetit!
What do you think of our preparation and data of the Peruvian Stew? Leave us your opinion below. Comment, rate the recipe and share through social networks with your friends and family. We want to reach all of Peru.
If you want to learn how to cook more recipes from peruvian soups go to these pages:
- Chicken Broth Recipe
- How to prepare Soup a la minute
- Shrimp Chupe in a few steps
- Homemade Chilcano Fish Recipe
- How to make chaque arequipeño
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Puchero you can visit our category Meats.