Peruvian Queso Helado Recipe
Are you looking for a sweet? Do you want something cold to enjoy? Our Arequipeño Cheese Ice Cream recipe is what you are looking for. This exquisite ice cream that, contrary to what one might think from its name, does not include cheese among its ingredients, it has a texture very similar to cheese flakes . Ready to find out more? Let's do it!
How to Prepare Queso Helado
To know how to make jar ice cream, as they say in many areas of Peru, you must have patience. This is the only way I can get to the ice cream point. Will be worth? Of course! It will be your family's favorite after trying it.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||220 calories|
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh liquid milk
- 1 cup toasted grated coconut
- 2 cups of condensed milk
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon powder
- In a saucepan, heat the two cups of evaporated milk, the two and a half cups of fresh liquid milk, the three cinnamon sticks, two cloves, and one cup of toasted grated coconut to a boil. Move until everything is very well integrated, turn off the heat and let the infusion be created.
- Then, when the preparation is warm, remove the three cinnamon sticks and the cloves and reserve.
- On the other hand, beat the four egg yolks until they are completely white and add to the preparation.
- Next, add a teaspoon of vanilla essence and beat the mixture, add two cups of condensed milk and one cup of milk cream. Move until the preparation takes a point similar to chantilly cream.
- Finally, pour the mixture into a container to refrigerate and freeze for approximately twelve hours. Then, remove from the refrigerator serve and sprinkle with cinnamon powder to taste.
Now that you know how to prepare Ice Cream Cheese. Do you see how easy it was? However, it is not all yet, here we leave you 2 unmissable tips for you.
Tips and tricks
- If you wish, you can make the preparation of this frozen cheese without the egg yolks. The mixture will be less creamy or dense, so it will take longer to freeze, but it will be just as tasty.
- When preparing the mixture, you will know that it is ready when you take the spatula and run your finger through the middle, if it stays apart, it is ready.
This exquisite dessert has its origin in the city where it is typical, Arequipa, here in Peru. The famous sweet, prepared from three types of milk (condensed, evaporated and milk cream), has the peculiarity that its texture is similar to cheese flakes, from which its contrasting name arises. .
In Arequipa, where it comes from, it is taken as an emblem of gastronomy in terms of desserts. Likewise, it has a day dedicated to him, every fourth Sunday of January in the main square of Arequipa , announced since 2012, celebrates Arequipeño Ice Cream Cheese Day.
Due to its dairy ingredients, it is said that it originates from the time of the Spanish conquest in Peru. This due to the incorporation of cattle to the Peruvian Andes, having its greatest boom in the 18th century; this being the moment of greatest expression in terms of livestock, expanding to the Arequipa regions of Viraco, Pampacolca and Chiquibamba. All this due to its high milk production.
In addition, there are also stories that link him to some of the livestock areas surrounding the Snowy Coropuna . It can be assumed that one of the places where the rich frozen cheese was prepared for the first time was in the named Arequipa Convent of Santa Catalina . Without a doubt, we not only have a delicious recipe at hand. We are also talking about a dish whose history is extremely interesting.
We hope you liked our recipe and information about Arequipeño Ice Cream Cheese. please leave us your comment , rate the recipe and share through social networks with all your friends and family.
Now, since we finished with everything, we leave you something else for you. This unmissable selection in the TOP 5 of our delicious Desserts category:
- Delicious rice pudding recipe
- How to prepare a rich Cream Flipped
- How to make a lemon pie
- Easy and quick recipe for Orange Keke
- Roasted milk in a few steps
Cheese Ice Cream
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Queso Helado you can visit our category Desserts.
Leave a Reply