Peruvian Salsa Criolla Recipe
Do you like creams? Are you looking for a good companion? Well, our exquisite preparation of Sarza Criolla is what you are looking for. It's about a rich accompanying dish based on red onion, lemon juice and chili. Our best and first choice for the emblematic dishes of our gastronomy. Follow us and learn more about this delicious Creole sauce!
How to prepare salsa criolla
To make the rich recipe of the Creole bramble, you do not need a lot of time or materials. It also has a very simple preparation, ideal to accompany the dish of your choice.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||5 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||15 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||180 calories|
- 2 onions cut into thin strips
- 2 green or yellow peppers cut into thin strips
- Coriander to taste chopped into very small pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon and a half
- garlic to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- How to prepare bramble? It is simple! Wash and cut the two purple onions into thin strips. Then, in a glass container with water and salt, let the cut onions soak for at least five minutes. Stir constantly to remove the pungency and drain.
- When the steps are done, in the glass container add two yellow or green peppers cut into thin strips, the garlic to taste and the coriander to taste chopped into very small pieces.
- Next, Mix everything very well and add the juice of one and a half lemons. Keep mixing and having all the ingredients well integrated into the preparation, serve.
Very good! You already know how to make Salsa Criolla, now for its preparation we will leave it for you 3 great tips.
Tips and tricks
- If you like, to give a more pleasant touch to the salad, you can add a dash of vegetable oil to the final mixture.
- Are you one of those who like spicy and the level of itching is not what you want? If necessary, you can add a little rocoto, chili or ground chili to achieve your taste.
- It is recommended that when cutting the two purple onions goggles are used to avoid shedding tears for them.
This delicious companion has its origin in Latin America , there is not enough documentation to determine in which sector. However, if it is known that there are types of these made in Uruguay and Argentina; But if we are clear about something, it is that our salsa or sarza criolla is completely Peruvian, originated by and for us, only with national ingredients.
About the word sarza, bramble or sarsa, as it is found in some places, It is a word that very possibly comes from the word sauce. Although when we refer to sauce we are talking about a hot or cold liquid or semi-liquid, also called cream in our Peru.
These sauces are made with the reason to accompany a meal and our sarza criolla does not meet all the characteristics. However, there are hypotheses that, outside of what we believe, relate it to foods such as The blackberry. Basing everything on the fact of the same tasted by Jesus and Moses in the Bible and in turn in the diminutive bush.
Currently, it is considered that this singular word is a peruanism, that is to say, colloquial language of us to make reference to the Creole sauce. In addition to being allowed to limit that this word is a variant of the word salsa, but over the years it has a phonological modification due to the pronunciation of said word.
What do you think of our preparation and data on the delicious Salsa Criolla? Leave us your opinion below. Comment, rate the recipe and share through social networks with your friends and family. We want to reach all of Peru.
Now, we will leave here an excellent selection in the TOP 5 dedicated to you of some of our best recipes:
- Delicious ceviche recipe
- Quick and easy Grilled Chicken recipe
- How to make a Minute Soup
- Papa a la Huancaina in a few steps
- How to make a delicious Rice to the Gardener
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Salsa Criolla you can visit our category Others.