Sangrecita De Pollo – A Comer
If you’re a fan of authentic Peruvian cuisine, then you’re in for a treat with this recipe for Sangrecita de Pollo. This dish is packed with bold flavors and spices that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Whether you’re looking to impress your friends at a dinner party or simply want to try something new, this recipe is sure to be a hit. So grab your apron and get ready to whip up a delicious batch of Sangrecita de Pollo.
- 1 pound of chicken hearts
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
Before you start cooking, make sure to clean the chicken hearts thoroughly by removing any excess fat or connective tissue. Once they are clean, pat them dry with a paper towel and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped red onion to the skillet and cook until it becomes translucent.
- Next, add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Now it’s time to add the chicken hearts to the skillet. Cook them for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are browned on all sides.
- While the chicken hearts are cooking, prepare the spice mixture. In a small bowl, combine the ground cumin, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Once the chicken hearts are browned, sprinkle the spice mixture over them and stir well to coat evenly.
- Pour in the white vinegar and chicken broth, and give everything a good stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and let the Sangrecita simmer for about 15-20 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the chicken hearts to become tender.
- After the cooking time is up, remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Let the Sangrecita rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the flavors to develop fully.
This recipe yields about 4 servings, with each serving size being approximately 1/4 pound of chicken hearts.
Here is the approximate nutritional information for one serving of Sangrecita de Pollo:
Type of Dish:
Sangrecita de Pollo is a traditional Peruvian dish that is often enjoyed as an appetizer or even as a main course. It is a beloved dish that showcases the bold and flavorful spices commonly found in Peruvian cuisine.
Number of Servings:
This recipe yields approximately 4 servings of Sangrecita de Pollo.
This dish is suitable for individuals following a low-carb or high-protein diet. It is also gluten-free.
Those with allergies to chicken should avoid this dish as it contains chicken hearts as the main ingredient.
Cuisine Style or Geographic Region:
Sangrecita de Pollo is a popular dish in the coastal regions of Peru, where it is commonly enjoyed alongside other traditional Peruvian dishes.
This dish is perfect for casual gatherings, family dinners, or even as an exciting addition to a potluck. It adds a unique twist to any occasion.
What is this dish for?
Sangrecita de Pollo is a great dish when you’re in the mood for something adventurous and full of flavor. It’s a dish that will surely impress your guests and leave them wanting more.
Preparation time for Sangrecita de Pollo is approximately 10 minutes, and the total cooking time is around 30 minutes.
Cooking Skill Level:
This recipe is suitable for beginner to intermediate home cooks. It involves basic cooking techniques and simple ingredients.
You will need a stovetop, a large skillet, a cutting board, and basic kitchen utensils to prepare Sangrecita de Pollo.
- The Bold and Flavorful Delight: Sangrecita de Pollo
- Exploring Peruvian Cuisine: Sangrecita de Pollo
- Unleash Your Culinary Creativity with Sangrecita de Pollo
- Sangrecita de Pollo: A Chicken Dish Like No Other
- A Taste of Peru: Experience Sangrecita de Pollo
- Sangrecita de Pollo: The Perfect Appetizer or Main Course
- Mastering Peruvian Flavors: Sangrecita de Pollo Recipe
- Elevate Your Cooking Game with Sangrecita de Pollo
- Delight Your Senses with the Exotic Sangrecita de Pollo
- Spice Up Your Dinner Table: Sangrecita de Pollo Recipe
Now let’s dig into the enticing world of Sangrecita de Pollo and discover what makes this dish so incredible!
Q: Can I use chicken liver instead of chicken hearts?
A: While the traditional recipe calls for chicken hearts, you can certainly substitute chicken liver if you prefer. Just keep in mind that the flavors and textures may differ slightly.
Q: Are there any vegetarian alternatives for this dish?
A: Unfortunately, this dish heavily relies on chicken hearts as the main ingredient, so it is not suitable for vegetarians. However, there are plenty of other delicious vegetarian dishes in Peruvian cuisine to explore.
Q: What are some popular side dishes to serve with Sangrecita de Pollo?
A: Some popular side dishes that pair well with Sangrecita de Pollo include Peruvian rice, roasted potatoes, and a fresh salad.
Q: Can I make this dish spicier?
A: Absolutely! If you prefer a spicier Sangrecita de Pollo, feel free to add some chili powder or a dash of hot sauce to the spice mixture.
Q: Can I marinate the chicken hearts beforehand?
A: While marinating the chicken hearts is not necessary for this recipe, you can certainly do so if you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to avoid overcooking the chicken hearts.
With these handy tips and tricks, you’re well on your way to creating a delicious batch of Sangrecita de Pollo that will impress and satisfy. Enjoy exploring the vibrant flavors of Peru right in the comfort of your own kitchen!