Peruvian Sangrecita Recipe
La Sangrecita has a soft and tasty consistency that at first glance looks like any other stew. It can be consumed at any time of the day, either at breakfast as a bread filling; at lunch or dinner accompanied by a little rice or a rich salad. Let's cook!
How to prepare Sangrecita
It is the Peruvian flag dish mainly to combat the anemia , because the sangrecita is a great food with a lot of nutritional value, protein, zinc and iron, which also fortifies the defenses against various diseases.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||25 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||180 calories|
- 1 kg of chicken blood
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 yellow pepper without veins or freckles finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 stems of Chinese onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 1/2 cup mint and chopped coriander
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- Place the blood in a strainer and wash well with plenty of cold water, then put it in the pan with 1/2 cup of water, the 2 sprigs of mint and boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- While the blood is cooking, crumble it into very small pieces with the spatula, move constantly so that it cooks evenly, cook until the liquid dries completely. Then remove from the heat, remove the mint and let it rest.
- In the other pan, heat the oil over high heat, add the onion, the peppers, a little salt, pepper and cumin, fry for about 5 minutes. Then add the minced garlic, lower the heat to medium and brown for about 3 more minutes.
- Now add the blood and the chicken broth, add the oregano rubbing with your hands, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- After that time, add the mint, coriander and Chinese onion, stir well, rectify the seasoning, cover the pan and cook for about 5 more minutes so that all the flavors mix.
Next we give you 2 super tips so that your little blood is the envy of all.
Tips and tricks
- You can take it to the table in a bowl, accompanied by potatoes or golden yucas, bread, white rice or salad.
- It also places lemon slices and chili sauce for the taste of the guests.
According to several scholars of Peruvian gastronomy, the consumption of animal blood as part of the daily diet has existed since the time of the Incas; This is when they sacrificed the llamas and ate both their meat and blood.
With the arrival of the Spaniards, our ancestors knew the chicken and the hen, it is assumed that over time and As llamas were not raised in all the Inca territory, llama blood began to be replaced by chicken or hen.
The recipe as it is currently known does not have many historical references, the most similar and oldest dating from the early 1900s.
Now I know that Sangrecita, which in Peru we prepare with chicken blood, is a food that is very rich in Iron, therefore, excellent for combating anemia that threatens millions of children around the world. For all those parents concerned about the health of our family, today we will tell you how to prepare it at home.
Please, do not forget to share your experience when preparing this dish, SHARE, RATE and COMMENT the recipe with your family and friends. Millions of thanks .
Here are more links to other delicious and nutritious dishes of Peruvian cuisine:
- Rich and nutritious, Stewed Wheat
- Learn to prepare Bean Soup
- Sweet treat that feeds, Camotillo recipe
- Homemade Chanfainita Recipe
- Prepare a light and tasty Lentil Salad
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Sangrecita you can visit our category Others.
Leave a Reply