Seco de Carne
Peruvian Seco de Carne Recipe
The Seco de Carne recipe brings to the table one of the most exquisite stews of our culinary heritage. This main dish is traditional from our Peru and, for this reason, it is an emblem of our rich gastronomy. . It is its preparation with typical peppers of the nation that provide great substance and flavor to the meat that requires it. Do you want to know more about this dish? Let's go with the recipe!
How to Prepare Seco de Carne
The preparation of Seco de res, also called beef stew or beef jerky, is relatively quick and simple. In addition, the best part of it is that the necessary ingredients, despite not being the cheapest, are easy to obtain and also very nutritious.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||25 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||275 calories|
- 1 kilo of meat cut into pieces
- 2 red onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of liquefied yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup of blended mirasol chili
- 1 glass of blonde beer or chicha de jora
- 1 splash of oil
- 1 glass of liquefied coriander
- 1 cup of raw peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- cumin to taste
- 4 potatoes cut in two
- 2 raw carrots, sliced
- In the pot, add a splash of oil and place the kilo of meat cut into pieces to brown and remove.
- Then, in the empty pot, make a dressing with the two red onions cut into squares. Let cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Now, add a tablespoon of ground garlic and cook again for at least a couple of minutes.
- Next, add half a cup of blended yellow pepper and half a cup of blended mirasol pepper. Let cook for approximately 5 minutes and mix everything very well over medium heat.
- Then add a glass of blond beer or chicha de jora. Once ready, add a glass of coriander well blended and let it boil.
- Next, add the salt, pepper, and cumin to taste. Lower the heat and add the meat. Cover with water and cover, cook over low heat until the meat is soft.
- After the time, when the meat is ready, add a cup of raw peas, four potatoes cut in two and two raw carrots cut into slices.
- To complete the preparation, verifying that the potatoes are well cooked, remove the heat and let it rest a bit. Rectify seasoning and serve.
Now that you know how to prepare the emblematic Seco de Carne, we leave you at your disposal 3 great tips that will improve your taste of this dish.
Tips and tricks
- This exquisite recipe for carne seco can also be made with chicken, kid or even fish. Only a little more attention should be given to cooking it, since these meats cook faster.
- This dish is usually accompanied with white rice and parboiled yucca, however, you can also use the Creole sauce.
- In this preparation we give chicha de jora and blonde beer as options. However, wine can also be used for the same purpose.
Seco de Carne is a main dish whose origin dates back to Arab cuisine with the exquisite dry tajime , whose preparation is based on lamb meat. According to documents and investigations, it is presumed that the slaves from North Africa took it along the entire Pacific coast together with the Spanish until they arrived here in Latin America at the time of the Viceroyalty.
This amazing recipe It has been prepared and improved with a number of ingredients typical of the country since that time of the Viceroyalty . The fusion and the passage of the type is what has allowed it to become an emblematic dish, typical of our culinary gastronomy and a clear example of the historical richness that characterizes all our preparations.
Seco is a dish that is typical of the coast in the north and of the Peruvian capital. Best of all, it can not only be prepared with beef or with the aforementioned accompaniments. The preparation also works with a wide variety of meats such as chicken, kid, lamb, fish or even hen. The best? In any presentation it is highly nutritious.
About the name of this dish there is a great unfinished debate, where it is established that there is no way to define why its name. However, it is said that this dish is called dry because the meat is usually left to soften and dry so that it is ready ; despite being a meat that always carries a little broth in itself.
How did you like this wonderful recipe for dry meat? Tell us how it went. Comment, rate and share through all social networks with friends and family. We want to reach all of Peru
Since you finished with our rich Seco de carne, we leave for you this selection in the TOP 5 of our Meat and Poultry category:
- Ají de Gallina Recipe
- How to prepare a Grilled Chicken
- Quick and easy Lomo Saltado recipe
- How to prepare a delicious Chicken Stew
- Chicken al Sillao in a few steps
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Seco de Carne you can visit our category Meats.
Leave a Reply