Seco de Chavelo
Peruvian Seco de Chavelo Recipe
The preparation of Seco de Chavelo is the most emblematic of the entire city of Piura. As old as it is delicious, it is one of the first options on the list when we want to prepare a surprising lunch. . Its flavor is exquisite, which is not surprising, since it requires very delicious ingredients. Let's start cooking!
How to prepare Seco de Chavelo
Do you want to learn how to prepare Seco de Chabelo Piurano? Well, the process is very simple. We will only have to try to have all the ingredients at hand and put a lot of love into the stew . We will obtain an exquisite and nutritious dish.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||50 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||550 calories|
- 750 grams of beef
- 5 green or male bananas
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 onion diced
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons yellow chili paste
- 1 tablespoon of aji panca paste
- 1 cup of chicha de jora
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The recipe begins with the preparation of the jerky. For this, you must meat in very very thin strips. Then, add salt and oil so that they are well cured. You should take them to dry in a cool place for a whole day.
- After the day, cooking begins. In a frying pan, place a little oil and let it heat up very well. Add the cured fillet pieces and fry them completely. When they have browned, hit them with a stone. This is done to soften them.
- Take out of the pan and cut into much smaller pieces. Booking.
- Next, peel the bananas and cut into slices one finger thick. Put enough oil in a frying pan and take them to fry when they are very hot. When they are ready, remove, place in a mortar and crush them. Booking.
- Take another pan for the preparation of the dressing and add a little oil. Sauté the onion and garlic for about two minutes. Before it browns, add the tomato, chili, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Let cook for about five minutes.
- After the time, add the meat and the chicha de jora. Let cook about ten more minutes until the liquids are reduced.
- Ready! It is time to serve. Do not forget to sprinkle a little chopped coriander on top and accompany with sarza criolla and cancha serrana.
This delicious recipe with a northern touch will go very well with any special lunch. Finally, we leave you three tips applicable at the time of serving.
Tips and tricks
- Chicha de Jora is very important, as it is what gives it the Piuran gastronomic touch. However, you can substitute for beer.
- You should serve by mixing the meat with the plantain and coriander very well. The banana will absorb the juices and its flavor will be exquisite.
- You can use fresh meat if you don't have time to dry the meat.
The Seco de Chabelo recipe goes back to the oldest in our history, like most of the dishes of northern gastronomy. This region is one of the most prominent in the entire country for its cuisine, as it usually fuses a large number of flavors . With this dish we show what happens after combining different types of meat, vegetables and spices.
Piura , the region from which it comes, is one of the most important in the entire Peruvian territory . It is precisely the way of seasoning each dish that has made its gastronomy stand out so much, and is so well known nationally. In addition, almost all of them involve meat and vegetables, which means that their nutritional content is very balanced.
El seco de Chavelo is a clear example of this. Although most of the plate is taken up by meat, it also leaves room for vegetables. The incorporation of green bananas is wonderful, as it represents the main source of carbohydrates in the preparation.
As we may have guessed, the high meat content of this northern dish makes it an excellent source of protein. Both dried and fresh meat are important reserves of many of the essential amino acids that we need for our functioning. . The same goes for the vitamins and minerals they provide, especially iron.
Do you already know how to make Seco de Chabelo? If the answer is yes, then let us know. Rate and comment on our recipe and share it through social networks so that your friends and family can prepare it.
If you want to learn about other popular meat and poultry recipes in Peruvian cuisine, be sure to read us! Here are some of the ones we have available.
- How to prepare a delicious Ají de Gallina
- Quick and easy Grilled Chicken recipe
- How to make Loin Saltado
- Chicken stew in a few steps
- Chicken Sillao Recipe
Seco de Chavelo
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Seco de Chavelo you can visit our category Meats.