Seco de Pollo
Peruvian Seco de Pollo Recipe
Seco de Pollo is another of the most homemade and well-known dishes at home. And the dressing gives that taste that surrounds the green color, a color that refers us to its proteins in charge of the coriander ground and what makes it a dish full of strength for carrots, peas, potatoes or yucca, as we prefer. Do you want to learn how to prepare it? Let's go with the recipe!
How to Prepare Seco de Pollo
For more special occasions, we can use kid, duck or chicken, which is delicious too. It can even be the companion of beans and give its name to the famous dried duck, dried kid. Once we learn to prepare the dry itself, creativity will accompany us to try new
|🔪 Prep Time||25 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||25 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||50 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||260 calories|
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 cup of water
- Oil w/n
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of onion chopped into small squares
- 2 carrots
- 4 tablespoons ground yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup of alverjas (peas)
- 1 1/2 coriander (cilantro) blended
- 5 potatoes
- Salt, cumin and pepper to taste
- 1 chicken concentrate seasoning
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and chop them into medium squares. Also peel the carrot and cut into slices.
- In a pot with oil, fry the chicken pieces until they reach a golden color.
- Remove the chicken pieces and in the same pot add the onion and brown them until they are transparent.
- Then, add the minced garlic cloves and stir so they don't burn. Add the yellow chili and let them brown for more or less than five minutes.
- Add the chicken seasoning, salt, cumin and pepper to taste to the mixture, and if it lacks flavor, use the chicken broth itself to give more intensity to the food.
- Stir the mixture well and add the chopped carrot.
- In a blender add the coriander and a cup of water to blend. Having this ready, pour it into the pot where the stew is.
- Stir well and add the peas and chopped potatoes.
- Finally add the fried chicken with a cup of boiled water and cook for 20 minutes.
- You have it ready, you can serve the Seco de pollo with white rice, yucca and/or beans.
down here I leave you THREE GOOD TIPS to make the Seco de Pollo even more delicious.
Tips and tricks
- Let's not forget that the chicken in this stew is not inevitable. For more special occasions, we can use kid, duck or chicken, which is delicious too.
- Marinate the chicken for 2 or 3 hours in Chicha de Jora, this will give the chicken an intense flavor.
- Instead of using water in step number 9, you can use Chicha de Jora or blonde beer.
The seco de pollo has been an adaptation close to or similar to the dry to the north . A typical Peruvian stew characterized by the coriander (cilantro), this ingredient makes it have that very characteristic green sauce.
This stick is commonly accompanied by yucca and white rice. The prey essentially varies according to the zones. In Lima, as I mentioned, it has been adapted to chicken and beef, in the north to lamb and in Lambayeque to kid.
Not much is known about its origin itself, but much reference is made to the stew with Arab roots and it has been spread here in Peru since colonial times, where coriander, brought from Spain, contributed a lot to the base of this dish. .
We hope you liked it. Remember comment, rate the recipe and share on all your social networks with family and friends. Thanks!
You already know that in Peruvian gastronomy we use chicken and other birds a lot, that's why here we leave you a list of more Peruvian poultry dishes :
- Seco de Cabrito with Beans Recipe
- Easy Duck Rice Recipe
- How to prepare Peruvian Rice with Chicken
- Prepare Lomo Saltado
- Saltado Noodle in a few steps
Seco de Pollo
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Seco de Pollo you can visit our category Chicken.
Leave a Reply