Peruvian Solterito Arequipeño Recipe
With a very flirty name, Solterito Arequipeño is a typical salad from the southern region of Peru , and it is one of my favorites in times of diet, because in addition to meeting the requirement of being low in calories, it is forceful enough to leave us satisfied without guilt. To eat!
How to Prepare Arequipeño Cheese Solterito
The Solterito de Queso is an economical and tasty dish that combines cooked and fresh ingredients, it is made with corn (corn), broad beans, onions, tomato, olives and of course a rich fresh cheese with medium salt.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||20 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||160 calories|
- 500 grams of fresh cheese cut into cubes
- 300 grams of pitted black olives
- 500 grams of green beans
- 3 large grain corn cooked and shelled
- 1 large onion
- 4 ripe red tomatoes without skin or seeds
- 1 medium seedless rocoto
- 3 sprigs finely chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you got fresh broad beans, remove them from the pod, wash them and cook them in water with a little salt for about 5 minutes. Once ready, drain the water and remove the shell.
- While the beans are cooking, carefully remove (you can help with a fork) the veins and seeds of the rotoco and the skin and seeds of the tomatoes.
- Then cut the onion, tomatoes and hot pepper into small cubes. Sliced olives.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the olive oil with the white vinegar, season with salt and pepper to taste, then soak the onion and hot pepper in this mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, place all the ingredients in the salad bowl and season with the dressing, finishing by checking the salt level.
Here you can find Three excellent tips for a spectacular Solterito Arequipeño.
Tips and tricks
- For people who like to eat low in salt, they can use low-salt light fresh cheese.
- The corn comes out tastier if you add 1 teaspoon of sugar and a few grains of anise to the cooking water
- To serve you can decorate with a base of lettuce and if we are not in diet mode you can add a small portion of potato or parboiled yucca.
About the origin of Solterito Arequipeño, some affirm that it is from the pre-Inca era and others that it was born during the time of the conquest. This last statement is based on the fact that olives were not known in Peru until the arrival of the Spanish.
In particular, I prefer to share the version told by a descendant from Arequipa , who comments that this dish was the favorite of single people to keep the line and thus get a partner, hence the origin of the name.
It became famous when every year during the month of February, in which the festivities of the "Virgen de la Candelaria" were celebrated, the whole town gathered in the square to exchange products with merchants who came from other parts of the country. . And on these occasions, single girls took advantage of the occasion and offered this stew to single boys who came to visit, looking for a boyfriend.
This dish is consumed at any time of the year, it is very refreshing in hot seasons, its main ingredients are corn (corn), broad beans and fresh cheese , products of great representation of the Andean zone. Today, Solterito Arequipeño is part of Arequipa's gastronomic heritage and is eaten every second Sunday of February.
In addition, beans especially provide various nutrients to the body such as potassium that hydrates us, proteins that help maintain weight, calcium for bones, iron and vitamin B1 for the nervous system and Thiamin and vitamin B for memory.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do, don't forget comment, rate and share on social networks with your family and friends. Thousands of thanks.
So that you continue enjoying Peruvian cuisine, here are some links to more entrees:
- Stuffed Causa Recipe
- Learn to prepare Lentil Salad
- Stuffed potatoes in a few steps
- Learn to prepare Duck Ceviche
- Homemade recipe of Papa a la huancaina
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Solterito Arequipeño you can visit our category Others.