The Creole Soup is a classic that It is part of the menu of most restaurants in any season of the year because it is one of the most requested by customers. Of the large number of soups in Peruvian cuisine, this is one of my favorites. not only because it is delicious but because of the simplicity and speed of its preparation . Today we share the recipe so you can try it. Let’s cook!
How to Prepare Creole Soup
This simple recipe flavors a hearty beef broth with a touch of milk, and is served garnished with a fried egg and croutons, giving it a rich, pungent aroma and a very appetizing sight.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||35 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||123 calories|
- 500 grams of beef, preferably part Loin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground panca chili
- 1tbsp ground yellow pepper
- 2 1/2 liters of beef broth
- 1/2 can of evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- dried oregano to taste
- 250 grams angel hair noodles
- 6 eggs
- Toasted bread cut into cubes croutons
- First cut the meat into thin strips and then each one into smaller pieces, they should be about 1 centimeter each.
- Place the pot on the burner, add the oil and once hot brown the onion until transparent, then add the garlic, the yellow pepper and the panca pepper, brown it for a couple more minutes, taking care not to burn it.
- Now, add the meat with the oregano and mix until it looks slightly golden, then add the tomato paste and a little salt, brown for 1 more minute.
- Add the meat broth, season with salt and pepper to taste, cover the pot and once it comes to a boil, let it cook for about 5 minutes, check that the meat is tender, otherwise cook a few more minutes.
- With the broth boiling, add the noodles and milk, move with the ladle so that the noodles are released and the milk is distributed in the soup. If you used Angel Hair, after boiling for a couple of minutes, turn off the burner, otherwise, watch the time the noodles need to be ready. Rectify the seasoning if necessary.
- While the noodle is cooking, fry the eggs in the pan, leaving the yolks not so cooked (English style), season with a little salt.
Serve the soup in soup bowls and in each one place 1 fried egg and a little bread croutons on top. EXQUISITE and less than an hour, enjoy this delicious Peruvian soup. BON APETIT!
Next we give you 3 super tips so that your soup is the envy of all.
Tips and tricks
- If you add a slightly crushed piece of Kión (ginger), you manage to enhance the flavor of the meat and give a very subtle touch of spice to the broth.
- You can use another long thin noodle if you can’t get angel hair noodles.
- The meat broth can be made by boiling beef bones with some vegetables or also by dissolving several cubes of concentrated meat broth in boiled water.
The extensive gastronomic menu of soups in Peru, It has been enriched since the time of the Incas when they prepared the famous “chupis” which were based on vegetables and added the meat of birds, llamas or molluscs, depending on the area in which they were found.
The Criolla Soup is an addition to the long list of stews that were born during the colonial era, it is typical of the coast and in particular of the city of Lima.
It was born as a product of the miscegenation of Peruvian and Spanish customs, generated especially by the ” Creole ” which were what they called the descendants of Spaniards born in Peru, hence the origin of the name.
The Creole Soup It is also consumed in other countries of America such as Colombia and Ecuador. r, but with variations in ingredients.