Sopa de Choros
Peruvian Sopa de Choros Recipe
Choros or Mussels, as this mollusk is known in other countries, almost they do not contain fat so they are perfect for a nutritious diet , with a contribution of proteins and minerals, especially iodine . So that you can incorporate it into your homemade menu, today we share its recipe and we are sure that you will love it. Let's do it!
How to Prepare Choros Soup
Choros Soup is an economical dish and very easy to prepare, all you have to do is get fresh Choros, a little potatoes, onion, tomato, garlic and noodles. We are going to prepare it to present a new dish at our family table.
|🔪 Prep Time||5 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||15 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||100 calories|
- 5 dozen fresh mussels
- 2 onions cut into cubes
- 300 grams of pasta of your choice tagliatelle, joint, etc.
- 3 potatoes cut into medium squares
- 1 tomato without skin or seeds, diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs coriander coriander finely chopped
- 3 oil tablespoons
- Wash the shell of the mussels very well, remove all the stuck sand and other impurities, if necessary you can scrape them with a knife or rub them with a hard brush. You should also remove the beards, which are small hairs that protrude from the shell.
- Once clean, put them in a pot with plenty of boiling water, cook until the shells open (approximately 3 minutes), then remove them from the pot without discarding the broth and with the help of a spoon, remove the mussels from their shell , being very careful not to break them, also remove any beards or hairs that may have remained. Reserve the mussels in a bowl.
- In a pan, prepare the dressing, heat the oil and brown the onion until transparent, add the garlic and brown for a couple of minutes, then add the oregano (rubbing with your hands to make it crumble) and the tomato, cook for about 3 more minutes. Once the dressing is ready, pour it into the pot that contains the broth.
- Place the pot with the broth on the burner, when it comes to a boil add the potatoes, let it cook for about 5 minutes and add the pasta, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is ready, add the mussels and coriander. Cover the pot and let stand a minute before serving.
READY our Choros Soup. When serving, you can place a little more chopped coriander, lemon slices and chopped hot pepper on the table so that each diner can serve himself as he likes.
¡ 3 little secrets of the choros soup. Read on and enjoy them!
Tips and tricks
- When buying the mussels, check that they are well sealed, it is a guarantee of freshness
- To make it easier to wash the mussels, let them soak for about 5 minutes in water
- When cooking the mussels you can add a piece of leek and a piece of onion to give the broth more flavor
During our investigation we have not been able to find data on how or where the Soup Choros , what we were able to find out thanks to my great-aunt, is that for our grandparents it was one of the dishes called “levantamuertos” , which is how some dishes are colloquially known.
Most of them have some marine products that are consumed by night owls after a big party. especially with heavy consumption of alcohol, in order to replenish energy after dawn, hence the little name.
Choros soup definitely meets the objective, because it contains iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, which are great suppliers of energy. Perfect to start a day strong.
In addition, these reasons are why it is also served in various food stalls on the go. Especially on the docks, where fishermen and support staff work hard from the first light of day.
If you liked this recipe do not forget comment your experience, rate the recipe and share it with your family and friends through social networks. Thank you very much!
So that you continue enjoying more Peruvian dishes based on fish and shellfish, we recommend the following recipes:
- Simple and economical, recipe for Choritos a la Chalaca
- How to prepare a delicious Green Rice with Seafood
- Try some delicious Parmesan Conchitas
- Recipe for a powerful Parihuela
- Prepare a delicious Fish Ceviche
Sopa de Choros
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Sopa de Choros you can visit our category Soups.