Peruvian Sopa Seca Recipe
Sopa Seca is a typical dish of the Peruvian coast, also known as Manchapecho and that forms a perfect combination with the famous Carapulcra, evidencing the purity of typical Peruvian dishes and its gastronomic diversity . Lets go cook!
How to prepare Sopa Seca
The dish that we are going to prepare is characteristic of Chincha (Ica), it usually goes as a main dish and is accompanied by a rich Carapulcra . This delicacy is perfect for a lunch or also for a family celebration.
|🔪 Prep Time||35 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||25 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||60 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||8 servings|
|🔥 Calories||145 calories|
- 8 pieces of chicken
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of achiote powder
- 50 grams of blended basil
- 50 grams of chopped parsley
- 1 kg of noodles
- 2 liters of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- Vegetable oil c/n (necessary amount)
- Wash the chicken pieces and prepare them with salt and pepper to taste. Then put oil in a pan and seal the chicken for a couple of minutes.
- Now, fry the achiote in oil over medium heat for one or two minutes. Once the oil has taken on the color of achiote (red), add the diced onion.
- Sauté the onion for two minutes and add the diced tomato, the ground garlic, the blended basil and the cumin to taste. It cooks for 5 minutes.
- Very good, now put the chicken pieces, rectify the salt and cook for 10 minutes
- Then add the noodles, chopped parsley and chicken broth.
- Move and turn off when the noodles are well cooked.
- Serve a portion of Carapulcra in half of a plate and our rich Dry Soup in the other and that's it. To eat!
The time has come for you to know the 3 tips that we leave you for this typical dish.
Tips and tricks
- This dish is usually served hot, so I recommend a good cold drink to accompany it.
- The chicken can be in prey as we pointed out before, but some prepare it with frayed chicken.
- Garlic gives a peculiar flavor, you can also add a little to chicken to give it a richer flavor.
This rich typical dish arrived in Peru influenced by the Italian community, on the coast, Chincha in the department of Ica. This was at the time of Peruvian independence, just when a diversity of cultures arrived in the country, some say that it even came from the viceroyalty.
At that time, the Sopa Seca It was generally served in marriages together with the well-known Carapulcra, as a tradition . Seasoned with national products and flavors, these became a combination that persists to this day.
Going back to our days, this recipe has changed a bit, taking into account the passing of the years and the diversities in products and flavors. However, these are no longer served only by some tradition , but in a restaurant, being one of the specialties of the Peruvian coast.
In Chincha the Carapulcra is prepared with pork, served alone, or accompanied with dry soup, red noodles and fresh potatoes. In Lima, they are usually prepared with chicken and pork.
We hope you liked it, leave us your comment, rate our recipe and share on your social networks with family and friends Be part of our growth.
Then you can continue enjoying our recipes with this TOP 5 of the category:
- Easy and quick recipe for Ají de Gallina.
- How to prepare a delicious Grilled Chicken.
- How to make a Loin Saltado.
- Chicken stew in a few steps.
- Delicious recipe for Pollo al Sillao.
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Sopa Seca you can visit our category Meats.