Sudado de Pescado
Peruvian Sudado de Pescado Recipe
If you're looking for a delicious, easy to cook, low calorie dish You have to try the Sudado de Pescado. This recipe, originally from our coasts, represents a delight by mixing the flavor of the fish with a dressing based on spices and vegetables. What are you waiting to try it?
How to Prepare Sudado de Pescado
The preparation of Sudado de Pescado is quick and very easy. Its main ingredient, fish, is cooked in a sauce made up of garlic, onion, coriander, tomato and chili, to create a spectacular flavor.
It is usually accompanied with white rice and a pinch of salt.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||2 servings|
|🔥 Calories||229 calories|
- 1 white fish
- 1 cup of liquefied yellow pepper
- 1 yellow pepper cut
- 1 red onion very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 heads of chives, chopped
- 1 head of hot pepper
- 4 sprigs of coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, season the fish with salt and pepper and reserve it in a container, without removing the skin.
- In a large frying pan or casserole, sauté the very finely chopped red onion with hot oil, add the tablespoon of ground garlic and a cup of liquefied yellow.
- After about 5 minutes, top with the red onion, tomato, and yellow pepper, all cut into thick strips.
- Then add two heads of chives, the coriander branches and a slice of hot pepper.
- When it starts to boil, place the large pieces of fish previously seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a half cup of water, and add a pinch of salt.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, and once ready, you can serve accompanied by salt.
Improve the flavor of your Sudado de Pescado, if possible, by following the following 3 recommendations.
Tips and tricks
- To easily scale the fish, put it under hot water first, then run it under cold water.
- If you are going to prepare this dish for children, it is advisable to use the loins of the fish and clean them beforehand.
- Always use fresh fish for the best tasting.
The recipe for Sudado de Pescado dates back to pre-Columbian times where the aborigines prepared it in clay pots. In fact, it is believed that its sweaty name is due to the way the fish is cooked.
However, This dish was born on our northern shores, plagued with varieties of fish. Thanks to this great diversity, the Sudado de Pescado It has many different versions regarding its ingredients.
In the north of our country, it is cooked with fish such as grouper, butter tollo, and grape eye. In the southern part and in Lima, cojinova, corvina, cheetah or lorna are used, bathing with the wine of the region. Although you can cook with the type of fish you prefer, it must be fresh.
But it was not until the 1980s that it gained international fame, when its method of preparation was reinvented by Nikkei chefs, which made it possible for it to form part of the menu of numerous renowned restaurants, and its position as a traditional dish of our beautiful culture.
If you liked this rich recipe for Sudado de Pescado, Do not forget to leave us a comment and share it on your social networks with your friends and family.
Stay with us so you can learn about the TOP 5 fish and seafood recipes of Peruvian cuisine:
- How to prepare a delicious Ceviche
- Rice with Seafood in a few steps
- Fish Marinade Recipe
- Easy and quick Parihuela recipe
- Delicious recipe for Leche de Tigre
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Sudado de Pescado you can visit our category Fish and Seafood.