Tacu Tacu Peruano
Peruvian Tacu Tacu Peruano Recipe
Let's try the exquisite Tacu Tacu. This dish is based on rice and cooked beans, seasoned and browned in oil or butter; leaving a crunchy mixture on the outside and creamy on the inside that delights the palate. The best ones for me are the Lomo Saltado and Salsa de Mariscos. Let's do it!
How to prepare Tacu Tacu
The Tacu Tacu mixes cooked rice and beans (beans or beans for our foreign friends), with some spices to give it more flavor and then it is fried, remaining like a tortilla, you can accompany it with a good steak, banana and/or fried egg (traditional way ) or with various types of juicy stews.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||20 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||2 servings|
|🔥 Calories||160 calories|
- 2 cups of cooked beans, better if they are from the day before
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked white rice, better if they are the day before
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground yellow pepper
- Vegetable oil amount needed
- Olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
AT LEAST 1 HOUR BEFORE SERVING
- Soak the tomatoes in hot water for a few minutes, then peel, remove the seeds and cut into small cubes.
- In a bowl, mash the beans with a fork until they are almost pureed.
- Place a little vegetable oil in a pan, when it is hot add the onion and garlic, brown until the onion turns transparent, then add the tomato, the ground yellow pepper and the oregano. Brown everything for a couple more minutes, moving constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Next, add the beans to the dressing first and then the rice little by little, mixing well until you have a homogeneous mass. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally add the parsley and let stand for at least 1 hour before serving, preferably covered with a lid.
SERVING THE TACU TACU
- Place vegetable oil in a small pan, once hot, place a portion of the previous mixture and brown it on both sides, forming a tortilla, which can be rectangular, oval or pan-shaped, as you like. You must turn it several times so that the browning is uniform and does not burn.
- Once ready, place it on a plate, add a splash of olive oil (optional) and it will be perfect.
As we mentioned before, the traditional thing is a meat or chicken fillet, plantain and/or fried egg.
below a couple of tips so that your Tacu Tacu is super tasty:.
Tips and tricks
- The beans must and have juice, you can blend a part to make it creamy, but the rest crush it with the fork to feel the pieces of bean when eating it.
- Incorporate a little of the bean juice or liquid in the preparation, this makes the tortilla crispy on the outside but moist on the inside.
According to the references of our research, This simple but delicious dish is a creation of the african immigrants s ; they who were brought as slaves during the colonial era. It arose from the need to eat as well as possible before going to work in the field.
Imagination led them to use leftovers from your patrons' day-old meal and mix it up in the best way to create an appetizing and satisfying dish. Over the years, the Tacu Tacu was adopted by the rest of the population and it was common to serve it for breakfast.
It is said that its name originates from the Quechua word "Tacuni" which means “mix things up” , which is why there are some doubts about whether its origin is Inca or African. It could be a mixture of both because during that time they also incorporated our Inca population as servants in the plantations.
Today it is a main dish served in many restaurants and is accompanied by various stews or fried foods based on meat, chicken, fish and seafood. As you can see, this dish is very delicious, learn how to prepare it with the recipe that we have shared.
We hope you liked it, let us know your opinion and comment, rate the recipe and share on all your social networks. Thank you very much!
So that you continue to delight yourself with more Peruvian recipes, we recommend the following recipes:
- Chifa-style Saltado Noodle Recipe
- Quick and easy green noodle recipe
- Prepare a tasty Rice with Chicken
- Learn to prepare Pepian de Choclo
- Peruvian Chanfainita in just 5 steps
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Tacu Tacu Peruano you can visit our category Rice.