Sure Have you ever felt terribly hungry and didn’t want to wait long to cook or buy something? It is in those moments when a delicious chifa-style salted noodle will always save you. And if you have ever wondered how this delicacy is prepared, then here below we leave our recipe. Lets go cook!
How to Prepare Chifa Style Saltado Noodles
This rich dish is one of the typical and most popular of Chinese-Peruvian cuisine. In all chifa it is always one of the most requested, along with the chaufa rice.
|🔪 Prep Time||5 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||15 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||140 calories|
- 2 teaspoons of white sugar
- 1 tsp of seasoning ajinomoto
- Sesame oil
- Vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons of silao soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 150 grams of Kolantao (Holantao) large and green Chinese beans
- 200 grams of broccoli
- 1 glass of chicken broth
- 3 branches of Chinese onion chopped only the green part. We reserve the stems, we do not throw them away
- 1 teaspoon chuño
- 1 red pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 Chinese cabbage cut into medium cubes
- 1/2 kilo of chicken breast cut into squares or if you prefer the same amount of beef, preferably loin
- 250 grams of Chinese beans
- 1 kilo of Chinese noodles
- Chili to taste
- Salt, pepper and lemon (green lime) to taste
- First add two liters of water in a pot. When the water is boiling, turn it off and place the Chinese noodles for 1 minute and a half, then remove them and run them through cold water and reserve them.
- Next, heat a little oil in a wok or, alternatively, a large frying pan and fry the noodles and when they are ready, set them aside.
- Now in the same pan add a little more oil if necessary, wait for it to heat up and add the ground garlic with the pieces of chicken breast, add a little salt and brown them for a few minutes.
- Add the pepper cut into strips, the kolantao, the Chinese beans, the broccoli, the Chinese cabbage and stir everything to mix well. Fry everything well and moving so it doesn’t burn for about 5 minutes (depending on the heat).
- Add the chicken broth, the oyster sauce, the seasoning, the sugar, the soy sauce, mix everything and a little salt to correct. Taste and add more than you like is necessary.
- Dissolve the chuño in chicken broth and add it to the meat with the vegetables, mix everything well and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Finally add the chopped Chinese onion, a teaspoon of sesame oil and a few drops of lemon.
- Mix everything and place a portion of noodles on a plate and add the sauce with the chicken on top.
Enjoy a delicious Peruvian Noodle Saltado Chifa. Bon Apetit
If you want to give it a special touch I leave you these TWO GREAT TIPS down here.
Tips and tricks
- When you fry the chicken, add a pinch of strong liquor, it can be pisco or whiskey to flame the meat. This trick will give it a special flavor and aroma.
- When you fry the noodles add a teaspoon of sesame oil, this will make the flavor not only in the sauce but also in the noodles.
Peruvian gastronomy is one of the most varied in the world as we already know thanks to the influence of different cuisines from around the world.
From the Far East in the mid-nineteenth century came the first chinese immigrants who settled in the coastal regions of Peru to work on the rice plantations. Over time, its gastronomy has gained popularity and great acceptance among Peruvians due to its incredible flavor and the originality of its dishes.
The best known dishes that began to win the hearts of Peruvians are and to date continue to be: chaufa rice, wonton soup, fried wonton and of course the delicious Chifa Salted Noodle.
I particularly think that many of us opt for oriental food because of the speed with which it is prepared, because of its excellent flavor and because we all have a chifa restaurant near our home or work.