Torta Tres Leches
Peruvian Torta Tres Leches Recipe
I remember a year ago, a co-worker brought the Tres Leches Cake to share for her birthday. I loved it when I tried it and couldn't help but ask her for the recipe. She so kindly gave it to me and today I share it with all of you. Let's do it!
How to Prepare Tres Leches Cake
This cake consists of a cake covered with three different milks, evaporated milk, condensed milk and milk cream. These different milks mention their name. It is usually decorated with meringue and cinnamon.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||2 hours 30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||2 hours 45 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||8 servings|
|🔥 Calories||180 calories|
For the cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 spoon of vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
For the Tres leches Cream
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of milk cream
- 1 cup liquid milk
For the meringue
- 3 egg whites
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
For the cake
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with half the sugar until they are firm and double their volume, set aside.
- Separately, beat the egg whites until stiff and add the rest of the sugar little by little.
- Join both preparations and beat again. It ends with the integration of the flour with soft enveloping movements.
- Pour the preparation into a cake mold previously covered with butter and flour.
- Bake at a high temperature of 180°C for 30 to 40 min. until fully cooked, remove while still warm and let cool.
For three milk cream
- Separately, gather condensed milk, evaporated milk and fresh milk in a saucepan, bring to medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the cream and vanilla.
- Stir until completely homogenized.
- Cut the cake into three parts over this, pour plenty of milk mixture until you notice that it is very wet (you can fill it with blancmange if you wish) and repeat the process until you finish with the cake and the three milks.
For the meringue
- Combine the sugar with the egg whites in a bowl, take a soft water bath until all the sugar dissolves, stirring from time to time.
- Then, remove from the bain-marie and beat energetically until it triples its volume. Cover the cake with this meringue and if you wish you can brown the surface. Refrigerate for 4 hours and after this serve whenever you like.
Line the same mold where you baked the cake with plastic wrap inside so that the soaking does not filter excessively, for this cut long sheets of the size of the mold and wet them, squeeze them well and spread them to line the mold inside (this is we do so that the paper does not stick to itself).
And here We leave you 3 super tips so that your cake comes out even richer.
Tips and tricks
- Take the cake out of the refrigerator and pour the Chantilly Cream or Meringue over its surface until you achieve a smooth texture.
- Arrange cherries or strawberries in horizontal lines.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder and lemon zest on the surface of the dessert and take it to the refrigerator for 20 minutes
Many relate its origin to the country of Nicaragua, where it would have been the invention of cake ; others mention Mexico since it has had recipes very similar to the Tres Leches Cake, as well as Miami where the fever would start, the spread of the dessert. However, it is certain that this dessert would be Latin American.
It could have occurred at the end of the 19th century or the beginning of the 20th, this in relation to the origin of the condensed milk , a key piece to make this dessert. Well the condensed milk it was available around 1860. It wouldn't be a very old dessert.
This cake has been the protagonist of my birthdays many times, since I usually prepare it to share with my family in reunions. Because since I learned to prepare it, I have not hesitated to make it over and over again.
It is fast, simple and fresh. I love to leave it in the refrigerator, especially in summer, and enjoy it on a hot afternoon.
If you liked this recipe, I ask you to share it on the social networks below so that more people can try it. A million thanks!
Tres Leches Cake is the perfect dessert to sweeten your palate and that of your family. Do you want more dessert recipes? Here I leave the link. Here is the list of desserts we have on the page:
- Recipe to make a Delicious Panettone
- How to prepare Turrón de Doña Pepa
- Recipe to prepare the delicious Mazamorra Morada
- Prepare Peruvian Rice Pudding
- Picarones Recipe
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Torta Tres Leches you can visit our category Desserts.