Peruvian Fried Trout Recipe
For people who like marine food and the combination of healthy and rich , Fried Trout is an excellent option, because although it contains some fat because it is fried, its nutritional value and its low calorie content greatly exceeds that detail.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||15 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||25 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||110 calories|
- 6 whole trout clean and without viscera
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ground garlic
- 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
- Enough oil for frying
- Accompaniment: boiled potatoes, granulated rice and/or fresh salad
- Check that the trout does not have scales, if this is the case while you wash it under running water, remove them with the help of a knife. Once clean, remove excess water with a paper towel or cloth and make about 3 shallow cuts on each outer side of the loin (where the skin is).
- Season each trout with salt, put a little salt in your hand and rub all over the fish inside and out.
- Now in a small plate, squeeze the lemons and mix with the pepper and the garlic, forming a paste, then spread each trout with this paste, inside and out.
- Place the pan on the heat and add enough oil to cover the entire bottom, about 1 cm high. Let heat for about 3 minutes over high heat.
- Fry the trout for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on whether they are small or medium. If it reaches the size of the pan, you can brown the sliced boiled potatoes on the sides. Once the trout is ready, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate with absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
2 little secrets to prepare Fried Trout. We give you a couple of tips for this dish, which you can see after sharing or liking. Thanks!
Tips and tricks
- Serve each dish by placing a trout, a portion of white rice and/or golden potatoes. Place on the table a bowl of fresh salad seasoned with lemon and of course a good portion of chili cream.
- If you are not worried about the extra calories, there is the crispy version, in which before frying you pass the trout already seasoned with a little wheat or corn flour.
- After seasoning it, let the trout rest for about 10 minutes before frying, so the meat will better absorb the flavors.
The Trout is a fish of the Salmon family that is not native to Peru, according to historians, came to our lands almost a century ago thanks to the efforts of an American doctor who worked in the mining camps of the Peruvian highlands, his idea was to raise them in one of the rivers near the mining camp to be able to practice his hobby of fishing.
Little by little over the years, the trout were adapting to the environment of the Sierra, managed to survive and reproduce , generating that several people began to raise them in what we now know as fish farms , one of the most prosperous businesses in the departments of Junín and Puno.
Today In addition to raising them for national consumption, they are exported to several countries in America and Europe. Fried Trout is one of the typical and most popular dishes of our gastronomy, initially in the Sierra area but which has spread nationwide.
In addition, it provides vitamins and minerals and every 100 grams of trout only contains 90 calories and 3 grams of fat. With all this information, we are sure that you will be eager to try it and add this dish to the family menu.
We are sure that you will enjoy this dish as much as we do, do not forget to share your experience with us, SHARE, RATE and COMMENT the recipe with your family and friends. Thousands of thanks.
So that you continue expanding your Peruvian food recipe book, we leave you some links to other dishes based on fish and seafood :
- Prepare a delicious Rice with Seafood
- Complete recipe for Fish Jelly or Mixed
- How to prepare the Fish Escabeche
- Delicious and crispy Parmesan shells
- Prepare some juicy Choritos a la Chalaca
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Trucha Frita you can visit our category Fish and Seafood.