Peruvian Wantan Frito Recipe
Fried Wonton is very popular in Peruvian lands, considered one of the Asian preparations that we like the most. It is served warm, freshly fried and with a sweet and sour sauce to dip it in. , and usually accompanies chaufa rice or other Asian food. Learn how to cook this delicacy!
How to Prepare Fried Wonton
The ingredients for Fried Wantan include a thin dough filled with very small ground or minced meat, and fried in very hot oil. It is eaten as a starter or side dish, and its delicious flavor rewards us for the time it takes to prepare it.
|🔪 Prep Time||50 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||60 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||110 calories|
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 200 grams of ground beef or pork
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- Tamarind sauce to accompany
- To assemble the dough, first put the flour in a large container, in the center pour the water, the egg and the salt, and mix everything.
- Then knead this mixture on a previously cleaned table and add cornstarch little by little to prevent the dough from sticking. Repeat this step for 8 minutes.
- When ready, cover the dough with a damp cloth or cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Stretch the dough until it is thin and cut it into several strips 7 cm wide. Knead each strip forming rectangles of approximately 10 cm. Sprinkle a little cornstarch over each piece.
- For the filling, place the ground pork in a bowl and add the sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Mix and knead until everything is well integrated.
- On each piece of dough place 1/2 teaspoon of filling. Then fold the wantan in toward the center to form a triangle. Grab the ends and fold them up.
- Paste the edges with egg white and repeat this with all the doughs.
- Then put plenty of oil in a pot and let it heat. When ready, fry the wontons.
- Once they are ready, put them on a tray and add the tamarind sauce on top.
I leave you here 3 Recommendations so that you have a rich preparation of Wantan Frito.
Tips and tricks
- If you have, add ground chicken meat and spring onion to the stuffing for a better flavor.
- If you don't want to make the dough, you can buy it at any store that sells Asian food products.
- Do not forget to use abundant oil in order to achieve an even frying.
Wantan, also called wonton, wan tung or wantong, originated in guangzhou , during the times of World War II, becoming very popular in Hong Kong. In its beginnings it was considered food for rich people , but as it crossed country borders, it became an affordable dish for all classes.
In the Chinese region, this delicacy varies in shape and size. In Mandarin it is said húntún which means chaos and in Cantonese it is known as overflowing clouds. In China there is a tradition in which they prepare this recipe on the winter solstice, coinciding with the eleventh month of the lunar calendar.
The wantan recipe was brought to Peruvian lands by Asian immigrants from China . Over the years it gained popularity until today. We usually find it in chifa food restaurants, street stalls or even in home kitchens.
In our kitchen it is used to prepare a type of tequeño, in addition to being the base of the wantan soup , although my favorite variety, without a doubt, is the Fried Wantan with a filling of ground meat and spices, and dipped in sweet and sour or tamarind sauce. It is a delight for the palate.
If you liked this Fried Wantan recipe, Do not forget to tell us about your experience preparing it, give it a Like and share it on social networks.
Stay with us so you can learn more delicious appetizer recipes from the varied and delicious Peruvian cuisine:
- Stuffed Potato Recipe
- Delicious recipe for Stuffed Cause
- Quick and easy Potato Pie recipe
- Anticuchos in a few steps
- How to make a Chicken Salpicon
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Wantan Frito you can visit our category Starters.
Leave a Reply